The Sonata is a clear standout in the traveling wheel category!
It offers both the beauty & craftsmanship of Old World styles, as well as all the conveniences & compact portability found in a modern wheel. Although it is a traveling wheel, it boasts a large 19.5” diameter when most travel wheels are less than 15 inches in diameter. The Sonata also prides itself in being the traveling wheel with the tallest orifice height on the market, ringing in at 33” at its tallest (adjustable) height.
This wheel can be unpacked from the highly durable, heavily padded backpack (that is INCLUDED with purchase) and ready to spin at your next class or guild meeting in 3 minutes or less. When the Sonata is folded for transportation, the dimensions are a compact 22” tall, 19.5” wide and 7” deep. Carrying the Sonata is almost effortless because the wheel and bag combined weight is less than 16 pounds.
Made from beautiful, hand-picked European alder and birch woods, the exceptional value, style and function of this travel wheel make it a very popular choice amongst spinners everywhere.
These features combined with the options of adding a Jumbo Flyer kit make this a very unique traveling wheel. Jumbo Flyer kits expand the spinners range in two ways. First, the type of yarn created can vary from lace-weight to super bulky art yarn because of the larger orifice on the jumbo flyer. Subsequently, the jumbo bobbin allows spinners double capacity of the regular Kromski bobbin from over 4 oz. up to half pound! This means longer, continual drafts for skeins with greater yardage.
- 3 bobbins (120g/4.2oz capacity)
- Spinning Wheel Oil
- Threading Hook
Accessories For The Kromski Sonata Spinning Wheel
- Wheel Diameter : 50cm (19 inches)
- Orifice Circumference : 10mm (3/8 in.)
- Standard Whorl Ratios: 6.7, 12.5 and 14:1
- Whorls 5, 7.5 & 10:1 and 12, 16 & 18:1 available
- Standard, Fast and Jumbo Flyer available
- Unique self-lubricating plastic bearings on front
- Sealed ball bearings at wheel hub
- Durable brass bearings on treadles
- Hushed plastic bearings in bobbins
- Single Drive with Scotch Tension
- Double Treadle
- On board Lazy Kate (2 bobbin capacity)
- Total Wheel weight : 5kg (11.5 lbs)
Suggested retail price:
- unfinished – $679.00
- finished clear – $749.00
- walnut – $749.00
- mahogany – $749.00
Printable PDF InstructionGet instruction