The Interlude, the mid-size in our Saxony wheel line-up, is the newest Kromski produced Saxony wheel. Falling right between the Symphony and the Prelude with it’s 21.5” diameter, the Interlude gives the spinner maximum spinning options while maintaining the classic Kromski Saxony style. This wheel is sure to please those spinners who desire the full visual impact of a “Cinderella” wheel but may not have room for a full-sized Saxony.
Taking it’s inspiration from the Kromski Prelude, the Interlude undoubtedly possesses all of the quality craftsmanship and beautiful woodworking turnings that you’ve grown to recognize and expect from Kromski products. One distinguishable upgrade of the Interlude is the additional bobbin storage, for a total of three, on the built-in lazy kate.
Like most other Kromski wheels, this single drive, single treadle wheel gives spinners a huge range of speeds/ratios and product outcome when factoring in the variable whorls and optional jumbo flyers. Jumbo Flyer kits expand the spinners range in two ways. First, the type of yarn created can vary from lace-weight to super bulky art yarn because of the larger orifice on the jumbo flyer. Subsequently, the jumbo bobbin allows spinners twice the capacity of the regular Kromski bobbin. A regular Kromski bobbin already offers 50% greater space than most standard bobbins in the industry with a generous 4.2 ounce capacity. Jumbo bobbins double that, essentially allowing you to spin two regular bobbins worth without a bobbin change!! This means longer, continual drafts for skeins with greater yardage.
Perfectly balancing between functionality and ageless masterpiece, isn’t it time to unveil the Kromski Interlude in your own personal fairytale?
- Built-In Lazy Kate (3 bobbin capacity)
- 3 bobbins (120g/4.2oz capacity)
- Threading Hook
- Spinning Wheel Oil & Wrench
Accessories For The Kromski Interlude Spinning Wheel
- European Alder and Birch wood construction
- Wheel Diameter : 55cm (21.5 inches)
- Orifice Circumference : 10mm (3/8 in.)
- Standard Whorl Ratios: 7, 13.5 and 15.5:1
- Additional whorls 5.5, 8.3, 11, 13.3, 17.5 & 20:1
- Leather bearings on front and rear maiden
- Durable brass sleeve bearings at wheel hub
- Hushed plastic bearings in bobbins
- Single Drive with Scotch Tension
- Single Treadle
- Total Wheel weight : 5kg (11 lbs)
Suggested retail price:
- unfinished – $499.00
- finished clear – $599.00
- walnut – $619.00
- mahogany – $619.00
Printable PDF InstructionGet instruction